Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sweet Dreams


Self-Help Tip: 
Sweet Dreams 

"Your life is a reflection of how you sleep, and how you sleep
is a reflection of your life."
~Dr. Rafael Pelayo
     My favorite Jin Shin Jyutsu flow to help with both sleep and hormone balance is a simple, one-step flow. In my house, no one is allowed to wake me in the middle of the night, unless they have tried the "Sleep Flow" first... it is rare that Rebecca wakes me up now, and when she does, after I get her settled, I use the "Sleep Flow" to get back to sleep myself. 
     There is a strong relationship between sleep and hormone balance. Sleep is essential to maintain proper hormone balance and health.  For adults a minimum of 6 hours of sleep each night allows the body to re-energize and replenish hormones. Some of the common symptoms of hormonal imbalance - night sweats, hot flashes and sleep apnea -  make getting enough sleep a challenge. So you can see that it can become a vicious circle. 
     Getting less sleep than you need affects at least 10 different hormones causing them to shift and disrupt appetite, fertility, mental health as well as cardiac health. 
     This "Sleep Flow" is also known as the "Hot Flash Flow" as it has the amazing ability to stop a hot flash pretty quickly! It is dynamic for acid balance and serves as a "Natural Tums." Use to fall asleep, and for hot flashes, hormone balance, heart palpitations, coughing and lung congestion, nose bleeding or clogging, snoring, throat discomfort and more. 
Here is the Flow:
Rebecca demonstrates how to do the left side of the sleep flow in the above photo. 

Left Side-With your left fingertips hold below the base of the left thumb on the palm, hang the right hand over the shoulder at the left side of the neck.
Right Side-With your right fingertips hold below the base of the right thumb on the palm, hang the left hand over the shoulder at the right side of the neck.
     When the energies of our body, mind and spirit circulate freely, we enjoy a life of longevity, happiness, and balance. 
“Sleep is the golden chain that ties health and our bodies together.”
~Thomas Dekker

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Thank you for this advice. I'm going to try this now and really hope it will help me sleep tonight. For months now I have been suffering from night sweats & hot flushes in the day time (all of which are worse during the week of my period.) Its driving me crazy as it aggravates my eczema and then I get quite upset. Can you suggest any other JSJ holds for my skin? Thank you, Jo, Southwest UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry not to find your comment until now... I know that it has been a long time since you wrote... and I do so hope that your skin has cleared up and your hormones balanced by now... However, here is a helper for any and all skin issues...
    Place the palms of your hands on the backs of your calves. Hold for 5 - 20 minutes to calm and clear skin. Find a way to sit comfortably while you do this hold. Use pillows as a prop to be comfortable. Breath deeply and relax.
    Be well,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello any flow that you can suggest for hair regrowth. probable cause is hormonal. thanks

    ReplyDelete