Empowering people through self-help is one of my missions as a holistic practitioner. Each of my clients receive self-help routines to do on their own, tailored to their particular needs and abilities. This enables them to extend the benefits of the work that we do together by developing a personal daily practice. It is the time one puts into self-help/self-reflection that strengthens the pathway for healing.
I find that the most effective self-help is self-help that is done with the least amount of effort. It can be as easy as holding a finger or doing a one-step "quickie". You can do an entire flow or just the steps that feel good to you. Whatever you do for yourself will be beneficial. The results are not always immediate, nor do they always come in the form that you are looking for, but on some causal level they are working for you, peeling the deep layers and clearing the way for balance and healing.
Here are some tips to help you in your personal self-help practice:
- Relax- just be as you are.
- Use whatever position is most convenient, practical or comfortable for you.
- Ideally, apply each step or connection until a rhythmic pulsation can be felt. But if time is limited, hold for as much time as you have available.
- All sequences can be adjusted to suit you.
- Be comfortable. If you can not reach a step, you can skip it and go on to the next step that you can reach without straining.
- Jin Shin Jyutsu works effectively over clothing, bandage, brace or cast.
- Use your entire hand, one finger, or several fingers, your palm or back of the hand whatever is easy, comfortable and convenient at the time.
- No strength is required. It is not necessary to apply pressure, to rub or massage.
The only time Jin Shin Jyutsu is not effective is when you are not using it. So pick something simple and do it every day. Make a daily goal of 20 minutes to start with and build up to more time eventually. The time spent with self-help need not be continuous, but can be 5 minutes here and 10 minutes there. Make it work for you however you can. Do not be discouraged. Remember that the results are not always immediate, nor do they always come in the form that you are looking for, but on some causal level they are working for you, peeling the deep layers and clearing the way for balance and healing.
"Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand and melting like a snowflake." ~Marie Beynon Ray